National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC) is charged with training the nation’s first responders.
The consortium is comprised of seven members, each of whom brings a different area of expertise in the field of emergency preparedness training.
NDPC Training Partners
• Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, AL
• Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center at New Mexico Tech
• LSU-NCBRT/Academy of Counter-Terrorist Education at Louisiana State University
• Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service National Emergency Response and
Recovery Training Center
• National Nuclear Security Administration/CTOS-Center for Radiological/Nuclear Training
• National Disaster Preparedness Training Center at the University of Hawaii
• Security & Emergency Response Training Center in Pueblo, CO
Fire Hero Learning Network delivers critical safety, operations, and community relations fire service training, from the line firefighter through to command and leadership. Unless otherwise noted, the modules on FireHeroLearningNetwork.Com are appropriate for all levels of the fire service, all staffing characteristics (career, volunteer, and combination), all jurisdictions in the United States, and all types of firefighting (including public, private, structure, vehicle, wildland, military, transportation authority, State Fire Marshal, special squad, and academia).
International Association of Arson Investigators has long been a leader in fire investigator training and certification. CFITrainer.Net is the Association’s latest innovation in providing training to fire investigators at all levels. Fire investigators, and all those involved in the fire investigation process have access to programs on a wide variety of topics related to the field of fire investigation. The broad-based training modules assist fire investigators in meeting the topical areas contained in NFPA 1033, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigators.
From Knowledge to Practice (FKTP)
The FKTP curriculum was developed to address gaps between the science of fire dynamics and current firefighting strategies and tactics. Through development of a collaborative evidence-based fire dynamics curriculum, and safe, realistic, live fire training tools, the project seeks to reduce risks and impacts due to fire.